Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Country Roads, Take Me home?

This past weekend, I accepted an Administrative Organizer position with SEIU/1199 WV/KY/OH, working out of their Huntington, WV office.  I am very excited to get started, although the next month will be a bit on the wild side, as my wife and I try to find housing, scrape together cash for movers, deposits, tie up loose ends, and enjoy several 5 hour drives back to Brunswick, MD.

This opportunity is the perfect match for my abilities and what I desire to do within the labor movement.  I will have the opportunity to represent members in the healthcare industry, which has been my background with the VA.  I will get to learn from the best about contract negotiations, and arbitration hearings.  1199 has a reputation for its militant, active membership, and I look forward to being a part of it.

Of course, I will continue my work on the Virtual Picket Line, as well as my coverage of the labor movement.

Here's to the next step!

In Solidarity,

Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment