Thursday, April 5, 2018

Still Fighting

I know it seems like I've been missing in action lately.  I assure you, I'm still around, but raising three kids in in the current economy is taxing.  Add to that that I've spent the last 5 years fighting a Teamsters Local that is as useful as wet toilet paper is almost a full-time job.  These guys have blocked me from becoming a shop steward despite the fact that I have more labor experience than the business agents mainly because I actively campaigned for Teamsters United in our Local. 

I am still here, ready to fight for our labor rights at a time when public sector union members are under unprecedented attack via the courts(AFSCME vs Janus) as well as the state legislatures when it comes to their pensions(Kentucky).  The NLRB has been working as fast as they can to undermine anything remotely pro-worker.

And Ronald fucking Reagan is now in the Department of Labor Hall of Fame thanks to this guy:

So, while it would be easier to just try and ride out the storm while President Cheetoh is in office, we just can't. I just can't.  Even if it means I'm going to do some IWW organizing(I'm less of a fan of dues check-off every day) and write a bit more on labor issues, I will try to find time.  Be prepared for some late night time stamps.

In Solidarity,

Joe Riedel

No comments:

Post a Comment